Thursday, January 22, 2009

Feeding the Fun

I'm hungry all the time.

My body is happy to run as much as I want it to....as long as I keep feeding it. Constantly. Screw the five-calorie dill pickles and toss me that avocado*.

Just back from a pre-lunch errand run around downtown. Strewn bread crusts on the sidewalk looked appealing, and squirrels I half wondered how they'd deep-fry**. Restaurant smells were everywhere, and I stopped two blocks early at a corner store to enlarge my packed lunch. And grab a second coffee - I'm tired all the time too.

I LOVE it !


Notes:
*I eat more than avocados; that was just an example using snack options that are green.
**It doesn't HURT them just to wonder. I've never harmed a squirrel, except that one I hit with my car in 2004 and still feel bad about. Which reminds me of the time I hit a bunny on the way to pick up our vegetarian pizza, the irony of which was not lost on me.

1 comment:

Derrick said...

I think I'd opt for the bread crusts on the sidewalk. Much more appealing than 'green guocomoli gunk'. Not sure I'd join you for the 'quirrel either.

...the furnace is hot.